As you do the two steps of this exercise, "feel" the fire or energy generated in your sexual glands and feel it rise upward along the spine into the breasts and the head. (Never try to use visualization to help the energy rise.) Linking mind and body is a prerequisite for the harmonious and powerful functioning of vital energy. Bringing this energy to the pineal gland in the head is the Divine purpose.
1. Sit so that you can press the heel of one foot against the opening of the vagina. You will want a steady and fairly firm pressure against the clitoris. If it is not possible to place your foot in this position, then place a fairly hard, round object, such as one of the steel balls commonly sold in boxed sets in Chinese shops, against the vaginal opening. (You may experience a pleasurable sensation due to the stimulation of the genital area and the subsequent release of sexual energy.)
2. Rub your hands together vigorously. This will cause heat in your hands by bringing the energy of your body into your palms and fingers.
3. Place your hands on your breasts to that you feel the heat from your hands enter into the skin.
4. Rub your breasts slowly in outward, circular motions. Your right hand will turn counter-clockwise; your left, clockwise.
5. Rub in this circular manner for a minimum of thirty-six times or a maximum of 360 times up to two times a day. It will not be necessary to do 360 hand rotations once a woman has succeeded in stopping her period. Less than 100 rotations, twice a day, will suffice to maintain a suspension of menstruation once it has stopped. A woman is the best judge of when she should suspend or resume menstruation. Resumption occurs after cessation of the exercise.)
This exercise can be done sitting or lying down.
1. First, tighten the muscles of the vagina and anus as if you were trying to close both openings, and then try to draw the rectum upward inside the body, further contracting the anal muscles. When done properly this will feel as though air is being drawn up into the rectum and vagina. Hold these muscles tight for as long as you can comfortably.
2. Relax and repeat the anal and vaginal contractions. Do this as many times as you wish.
If a woman finds it tiring to use both hands at once to do the breast rubbing, she can use one hand on the opposite breast while the other hand rests. Or, the free hand can be used to stimulate the vaginal opening in place of the heel. Another method is that the man rubs both breasts while the woman rubs or presses her vagina with her hand. As you can see, this is very flexible exercise which can be adapted to individual preference.
The first few anal and vaginal contractions may be hard to do. Eventually, though, you will be able to increase the number of times you can do it as well as the length of time you are able to hold the contractions. When done properly, a pleasant feeling will travel from the base of anus through the spinal column to the top of the head. This is caused by the build-up of sexual energy and its movement up through the glandular system to the pineal gland at the top of the head.'
The outward rubbing of the breasts is called "dispersion," and it helps prevent lumps and cancer of the breast. It will also decrease the size of breasts that are too large and flabby. Reversing this direction to an inward motion, so that the right hand circles clockwise and the left hand circles counter-clockwise, is called "stimulation" and its effect is to enlarge undersized breasts.
Briefly, rotations should turn outwards from the center to increase breast size and inwards to the center to decrease breast size.
Do this exercise in the morning upon arising and at night before retiring.
When you practice the Deer Exercise, try to avoid touching the nipples. A woman's nipples are very sensitive and easily over-stimulated.
If the exercise is done correctly, a woman will notice an increased sensitivity in her nipples.
A woman's sexual organ system consists of four inter-related parts: the vagina, the uterus, the ovaries, and the breasts. Their inter-relationship can be observed during the course of pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing. Menstruation ceases during these events, and the blood that would be lost during menstruation goes to nourish the baby. After the child is born, the energy is converted to milk for nursing. Menstruation resumes only when nursing stops.
So, stimulating the breasts whether through nursing or massage, as in the Deer Exercise, actually stimulates all the sexual organs. Most women find the exercise very pleasurable, many even reaching orgasm with it.
The Deer Exercise stops menstruation for the same reason that nursing prevents it. When the Deer Exercise is performed, the body reacts just as if a baby were regularly sucking on the breast. The body rushes blood to the breasts rather than the uterus. Taoists refer to this phenomenon as "turning back the blood" because it reenergizes the entire body, expecially the sexual organs.
For thousands of years, the Deer Exercise was used as a technique of family planning. But its main use was for maintaining a youthful countenance. Historical records show that women famous for their beauty consistently use the technique even after giving birth to many children.
The length of times required to stop the menstrual cycles varies by individual. Most women accomplish this within two weeks to six months, but some require as long as a year. All that can be said is that if you practice the exercise diligently, it will happen.
Women should not perform the Deer during pregnancy. The energy generated by the exercise combined with the accompanying increased stimulation of the sexual gland might induce premature labor. Using the Deer Exercise during the menstrual period is permissible., In fact, it usually brings almost immediate relief from menstrual discomfort.
Doing this exercise will correct menstrual irregularities. It will eliminate menstrual cramps and strengthen sexual ability. If you do the exercise with more than the recommended minimum of thirty-six hand rotations twice a day, as much as 360 times twice a day you can stop menstruation totally. But on one condition. You must not let your thoughts wander to other matters.
When doing the Deer Exercise, it is important to concentrate on the divine purpose, as it is very easy to become sexually stimulated. If the menstrual period does not stop, practice the Deer more frequently. Work at it a little harder and concentrate on the Divine purpose, even when the body becomes stimulated.
The Deer Exercise will not prolong a woman's fertile period. Menopause will still arrive on schedule at the time specified by the individual's biological clock. However, the problems usually associated with menopause will not appear.
The biological aging process will stop at the point where the Deer Exercise begins to work. If you stop your period at age twenty, you will never look older than twenty years of age. So as you can see, the earlier you begin the Deer Exercise, the younger and healthier you will be. (This also applies to men.)
Furthermore, many students used this method to assist family planning. There were extremely satisfied with it because no chemicals, surgery, or side effects were involved.